Sunday 12 June 2022

DR RHONDA PATRICK SAUNA RESEARCH UPDATE

Time for an update on the healthy benefits of the sauna. Dr Rhonda Patrick shares the latest sauna research in this discussion. Dr Rhonda Patrick is a Cell Biologist with a Phd in biomedical science from the University of Tennessee Health Science Centre and St Jude Children's Research Hospital. She is also the Co-Founder of FoundMyFitness.com. 

The text with the video lists the topics covered in this podcast. There is also a link to Dr Rhonda Patricks recent review article on saunas in Experimental Gerontology. 

Interviewed by Kyle Allred, Physician Assistant, Producer, and Co-Founder of MedCram.com 


I bought a mobile sauna-steamer in February 2019 after going to a hotel with a sauna, steam room and swimming pool to celebrate my birthday that year. It has been a wonderful addition to my own health protocol and healing room. It is great having one in your own home to use when one requires it. I put healing oils in the steamer machine that pipes the steam into the sauna. 

Dr Rhonda Patrick recommends 20 minutes in the sauna, I built up to about 35 minutes in the sauna. It's great for meditation and preparing for a restful sleep. 

Although I should make the time to sauna more often. Getting my puppy in 2021 has taken most of my attention since he arrived. He requires a lot of mental stimulation and time walking. The last time I took a sauna-steamer he tried to jump on my lap and slipped off on the outside of it. I was fortunate that it didn't collapse with me in it. Big smiles. 

Dr Rhonda Patrick mentions drinks Kale after the sauna. However, my digestive system doesn't like kale and other leafy green vegetables.  I'm OK with salads and herbs in salads. I'm Ok with spinach, broccoli, green beans and peas.  So be mindful of your digestive system the older that you get, it does get more sensitive. Has such, it is really important to listen to your body and be body intuitive. 

I'm also using an infrared lamp prior to sleep every evening. 



No comments:

Post a Comment